How We Do It
How Agastya Works
Agastya's education model is:
Scalable – impacts millions of children and teachers through high - reach channels like mobile labs, teacher education, science fairs and science centers.
Innovative and Creative – learning methodologies awaken curiosity, observation, assimilation and application skills.
Sustainable – learning methods are deeply instilled, encourage sensitivity to the environment and growth and development of community.
Replicable – high-impact ideas and low-cost methods are easily transferred and communicated across cultures and countries.
Collaborative – leverages partnerships and encourages participation by government and private education officials and community members.
- addresses core primary and secondary education issues.
- impacts a large and broad student-teacher population.
- supports raising of education performance and standards.
- benefits rural and urban communities.
Creative Learning Center
- provides hands-on educational opportunities in a creative and interactive setting to thousands of rural children.
- takes education to remote villages in A.P. and Karnataka through Mobile Labs.
- conducts Science Fairs.
- runs Young Instructor Leader programs
Teacher Education - Center for Creative Teaching
- Train Agastya instructors
- provide innovative, state-of-the-art knowledge and skills to government school teachers
- Train dropouts into instructors (Operation Vijay)
- help revive the local ecosystem and promote knowledge dissemination through mobile eco-labs.