Agastya is creating a model to regenerate semi-arid eco systems by
- Increasing the ground water table at the Agastya campus
- Restoring more than 500 plant species, including rare and endangered species
- Reviving and protecting medicinal plants
- Creating herbal gardens, butterfly and bird parks
- Establishing a botanical learning lab
- Spreading eco knowledge and awareness through mobile ecology labs
- Conducting projects on improving water and food quality in villages
- Providing ecology and environment education to rural children and adults
Proactive measures to improve soil and water conservation have led to a remarkable improvement in the eco-system of the Agastya campus.
Interested to find out more about the Ecology program at Agastya? Click on the link below now!