How To Volunteer
"Never underestimate the power of a few committed people to change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
- Margaret Meade
We truly believe in the above lines and volunteers have been powerful catalysts and accelerators to grow our impact and to drive various initiatives to take our movement forward. If you're a passionate and creative individual who wants to share your skills with those in need, you've come to the right place!
Why Volunteer with us?
- A chance to work and interact with people from different backgrounds, providing valuable lessons in teamwork, leadership etc.
- A rare opportunity to shift the behavior & mindset of the next generation of our country.
- Possibility to discover yourself by commitment to something meaningful, beyond routine life.
- Listen, care and respond to the needs of those who are less fortunate, due to circumstances and events beyond their control.
- A platform to transform the education system of the country.
Support Volunteers: Support volunteers can contribute to Agastya for a short time in any of the following areas:
- Communications/Content Development: Help us with our blog, social media and online web content development.
- Workshops: Conduct workshops/sessions for Agastya’s beneficiaries such as Children/teachers in different areas such as Theatre/Dance/Music/Art/Design and so on.
- Organizational Capacity Building: Facilitate sessions on internal capacity building of the organization in skills ranging from Technology/I.T Support/M.I.S/G.I.S Tools, Productivity Enhancement etc
- Mentorship/Career Counseling Sessions: Take sessions for our kids on professional career planning/enhancement, providing information about opportunities.
- Experiential Visits: Organize visits of Agastya beneficiary kids to your workplace/place of interest
- Corporate Relations/Fundraising: Help us scale our reach and impact by raising resources.
- Flash/Video: Design visually appealing and effective video content, animations movies etc.
- Small Defined Projects: Help us document our journey by assisting us with documentation, research, impact studies and analysis.
Core Volunteers: Core volunteers act as resource persons for the organization and demonstrate commitment for a longer time period. In addition to some of the above areas, Core volunteers can contribute in Content/Curriculum Development, Low Cost Model Design/Making, Design of hands-on learning experience, Agastya teacher training etc.
Student Internships: We offer selected summer internship projects for High school and University students who wish to contribute and learn during their vacations of 2-3 months. If you are a student and are interested - send us your CV with a letter highlighting your area of interest. We will get back to you!
On site volunteering opportunities are currently available at Bangalore and Kuppam.
Kindly feel free to write to us at email@example.com for any further information.
Be a part of an exciting movement! You can make a difference.