What We Have Accomplished
Since it was established as a Charitable Trust in India and USA, Agastya has made strong progress towards its goals. Milestones achieved include the following:
Or you can Follow us on Facebook!!!
Agastya International Foundation was a finalist at the WISE awards 2015
- Children from Deccan International School stay at Agastya Campus.
- Mobile Labs hold science fairs in Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Pune, Delhi and Himachal Pradesh.
- Film crew led by Vasant Nayak from Baltimore, USA begin work on a film on Agastya.
- Several new models added.
- Ashoka Youth Venture brainstorming workshop held on campus.
- MAIS staff and children create Discovery Wall art mural.
- Puppet shows held in Hubli and campus.
- Banyan tree regeneration project launched.
- Math Lab launched.
- Open-air Botany Lab launched.
- Ramji Raghavan elected Senior Ashoka Fellow.
- New Campus Guest House opened.
- Number of outreach Science Centers expands to 14.
- Agastya case study is discussed at the annual Deshpande Foundation - Development Dialogue.
- Agastya Young Instructors – Miss Rani Jhansi and Miss Roja – were among 24 (out of 1000) to win Special Awards at IRIS – 2008, India’s largest National Science Competition sponsored by Intel, CII and DST.
- Live TV coverage of Mega Science Fairs.
- United Way delegation from the US visits Hubli Mega Science Fair.
- Clinton Global initiative announces Agastya’s “commitment to action”.
- New brochure produced.
- First teacher workshop on Geography held in Hubli Science center.
- Three school buses acquired for campus Creativity Lab.
- Prof John Coates of Cambridge University and Sujatha Ramdorai of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research visit the Agastya campus.
- Agastya Chairman, Ramji Raghavan, delivers talks on Creativity and Leadership at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, The Shriram Foundation, Delhi, Shriram School, Gurgaon and Deeksha Center for Learning, Bangalore.
- Over 40 new science models made on campus are added to labs.
- Science Fair for 10,000 children conducted with Deshpande Foundation at the Hubli Glass House
- Agreement signed with Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, Karnataka to launch Science Center in Chickballapur.
- Campus development: playfields and road development work commenced; second construction contractor appointed for new residential block.
- Record number of children exposed to the Agastya Creativity lab and Mobile Lab programs, gain college admission.
- Work commenced on the book “Ten years of Agastya”.
- Delegation from Deshpande Foundation, Boston visits the Hubli Science Center and a village science fair.
- Deshpande Fellow Kate Davies, joins Agastya’s Hubli Science Center.
- Program commenced to hire and train senior school dropouts as teachers.
- "We Heal" summer environment project on water and food quality in Kunigal and Kuppam villages sponsored by Agilent Technologies completed with 8 students from Vellore Institute of Technology.
- Agastya Chairman, Ramji Raghavan delivers the Veda Thakurdas Memorial Lecture on Creativity and Leadership at Miranda House College, Delhi.
- Meeting arranged by Deshpande Foundation with the Director, Museum of Science, Boston results in potential new areas of collaboration.
- Meeting at Cambridge University, England results in a plan to make a film on the science behind toys.
- National Knowledge Commission visits Agastya and recommends replication of Agastya mobile lab and science center model to the Prime Minister of India.
- Square Wheel Bike developed by Prof Ramaswamy and Shivkumar is featured in newspapers
- 8 new models added to Jhunjhunwala Discovery Center.
- Environment sensitization fair for 130 farmers, government departments and suppliers of organic pesticides launched at Kunigal Science Center.
- Mobile Lab fleet expands to 30.
- Number of Outreach Science Centers expands to 12.
- Murray Culshaw Consulting releases Evaluation Reports on Agastya’s Mobile Lab Programs in Koppal, Karnataka and Chittoor, A.P.
- Ground floor of the Jhunjhunwala Discovery center is launched by members of the Prime Minister’s national Knowledge Commission.
- Mathematical genius Srinivasa Ramanujan’s bust is unveiled on campus by Sujatha Ramdorai, member of the Prime Minister’s National Knowledge Commission.
- Agastya participates as a Resource Person in Ministry of Human Resources Workshop on Teacher Pedagogy in New Delhi.
- British TV crew films Agastya campus and mobile lab program.
- Dr. David Johns, ex- Vice Chancellor, Bradford University, UK visits Agastya.
- Agastya participates in the Deshpande Foundation’s Development Dialogue.
- New Orrerey (solar system) model designed by Prof. Ramaswamy and Shivkumar is featured in Times of India; model presented at Vidya Shilp School, Bangalore.
- New Bangalore office opened.
- Young Instructor Leader program launched at Agastya Creativity Lab campus
- Agastya is invited to join the Working Group on Attracting Talented Children to Math and Science of the Prime Minister’s National Knowledge Commission
- Case study on Agastya by Peter Patch of The Summit Group, New York
- Young Instructor program launched at Agastya campus
- Zee TV Chairman, Subhash Chandra visits campus
- Mobile Lab fleet expands to 27
- The first Mobile Art Lab launched near campus
- Training offered at campus for teachers from Suyam, Tamil Nadu
- Children of Grade 7, Mallya Aditi International School visit Agastya campus for overnight educational experience
- new models added to Jhunjhunwala Center
- Lakshmi Venkatachalam, Principal Secretary, Planning, Government of Karnataka visits campus
- Art studio and a dedicated Chemistry Lab launched on campus (Oberoi Center)
- International film crew visits Kunigal center to film Agastya Mobile Eco Lab
- Ecology and environment - work commenced on Bala Vana (Garden of Prodigies)
- Campus Model Making Workshop launched
- Articles on Agastya appear in the UK journals Inflections and Education, Knowledge & Economy
- Science Center and Mobile Lab program launched in Hubli/Dharwad and other North Karnataka rural districts.
- Ten year strategic plan MOU signed with R. Jhunjhunwala Foundation
- Changemakers, a Channel News Asia program features Agastya’s Managing Trustee, Mahavir Kumar
- MOU signed with SSA, Government of Karnataka to expand outreach science centers and mobile lab programs in 6 North Karnataka Districts
- Guest house on campus sponsored by Bhavarlal Jain and Venky Krishnakumar completed
- R. Jhunjhunwala and colleagues from Mumbai; Subhash Chandra, Chairman, Zee TV, and the Global Fund for Children visit Agastya campus
- Kunigal Science Center and Mobile Lab program (including first Mobile Eco Lab launched)
- The President of India, Dr. APJ Kalam visits the Agastya Mobile Lab in Bangalore
- Article on Agastya appears in the UN Chronicle
- Agastya – REACH Koppal Science Center and Mobile Lab program launched
- Mobile Lab Night Community visits launched
- Ecology and environment – Agastya Vana completed on campus
- Ecology and environment – launched Ayurveda Hill on campus
- Large plane model installed as outdoor exhibit on campus
- Gopi Warrier, Chairman, Ayurvedic Group, London, visits Agastya campus.
- Mobile Lab program project launched for tribal children in A.P.